Saturday, June 11, 2005
Finally the weekend has come! haha...
The first week of attachment at SGH has passed. Although its physically and mentally exhausting, I'm glad that I've been through it. I've learnt soo much.
Am attached with ChongYi under Grace (wendy, u shld know how shes like.. haha).
Well, I'm really happy to be working with grace although a few people don't seem to like her. She may seem fierce, irritated, not-welcoming...etc to others. But I guess her behaviour and her way of doing things may tend to rub people off the wrong way.
Me and chongyi were kinda stressed out initially 'cos she's likes to QC radiographs alot. hahaa...
Even the new radiographer also kena from her. But we all know she meant well. I think she's been through some difficult stuffs when she first started out thats why she want us to learn it so that we all won't kena scolding.
Grace taught me and chongyi alot of things and the day before she left for fluoro, she kept asking us whether we need to clarify anything. Both of us asked her alot of questions and she answered them one by one and even do alot of demostrations to make sure that we understand.
Was surprised to learn that she graduated only last year 'cos shes a really very good radiographer. Seems like she worked for a few years already. =)
As for competencies... progress has been very slow....... haha... Me and chongyi are kinda like perfectionists plus grace correcting us whenever we didnt do something correct. We kept practising until we could get it correct. So next week probably can do another few competencies...depending on where we're going.
Oh... and I hate the long walk frm the mrt to the DDR dept in the morning... =p
I think I have a bit of biceps developing. Hahaha... thanks to carrying/transferring patients on wheelchairs to x-ray table and carrying the cassettes...dunno why their cassettes seems so heavy. heh~ First 3 days, i went home with my hands trembling alittle 'cos not used to carrying heavy stuffs everyday mah... but now ok liao. =)
Like sabrina, i think i also eat alot these days... haha...i think cos we did alot of work plus the fact that we all have to stand/walk most of the day.
I think i wanna get my butt out and enjoy the third week 'cos i'll be at NHC. Heard frm others that we cant do much 'cos they do alot of angio.
Scribbled by: jun @2:04 PM