Sunday, August 28, 2005
I haven't had enough rest even though its the start of my holidays!
Yesterday slept until 1pm and went work until 1130pm due to a huge table of ppl who refused to leave the restaurant till 11pm. arrrgghhh. *hehx*
And... today went work again. Yes...you didnt see wrongly. Its a sunday catering service for lunch. Damien really needed someone to help out so i agreed. Full house at 30pax. Super exhausted. The ppl don't eat much so me and don ate some of the extra servings of food. While we were eating, Damien and Irwan came and sat with us. And then hor... we all chit chatting...and dunno how come they started to talk about condoms/vibrators/etc. Wa seh... best lor... I'm eating leh! LOL... i almost dropped my prawn. and damien laughed at me. Ha HA. thanks alot man.
After that went to the new national library to look for books for the assignment.
I reached home ard 6pm and knocked out until 10pm. Its like... once I lay myself on the bed, everything went black. hahaha...
I watched tv after getting up from bed.. and there's this really really touching show on channel U called The Way Home. Its a short 1hr korean movie which had apparently won alot of awards.
A fatherless 7 years old boy was forced to stay with his mute grandmother in the countryside when his mother got into money woes. Feeling deprived, he started throwing tantrums, but his grandmother continued to care for him selflessly. This award-winning movie is one of Korea's greatest hits.This is the story of a 7-year-old boy, "Sang Woo", born and raised in the big city, and his mute grandmother, who has spent her whole life in a small rural village. Being a city boy who is used to the benefits and luxuries of the modern world, Sang Woo comes into conflict with a person whose soul is so close to nature. Although Sang Woo resents his grandmother at first, he is moved by her at the end. Unfortunately, it is at this time that Sang Woo must return to the city...
I cried while watching the movie. *sobs* The grandma cared for the boy no matter how rude and unappreciative he was. This selfless act made me tear. PLus the fact that she is mute, has a really bad kyphosis(hunchback) and this really very Ke Lian(pityful) face.
The little boy later realise how much his grandma loves him and he cried. He did alot of stuffs for her...like threading all the needles for her while shes asleep, teach her and gave her cards so that she can write to him and let him know if shes sick. Its a pity that he has to leave not long after realising his grandma's love and care for him.
Reminds me of my paternal granny. From the time i can remember her, she was already mute and can't walk due to health conditions. But everytime we went to visit her, she would always stretch out her arms and want to hug us. Even though she can't express out her emotions, her actions were very clear and obvious. But being at the age of probably ard 8yrs old, I couldn't comprehend the whole situation. I would just want to hug her and go straight and play with my cousins. When she died, I was 9yrs old and was with my maternal granny. She received the call and told me. And I was like.. "Ok...". No emotions and I didnt even feel sad nor cried at her funeral. Perhaps it was due to the fact that we were often left in the care of my maternal granny and we seldom see my paternal granny. Like our psychology module has mentioned, no emotional attachment.
Looking back, I do wish that I could be more appreciative. But thats in the past. No point thinking too much. Just hope that shes enjoying life with angels =)
Scribbled by: jun @11:26 PM