Sunday, August 19, 2007
Bwahaha.
I survived OT with the in-charge away on holidays. I thought I couldn't handle it without him around. But one thing's for sure. Your partner matters ALOT.
My OT partner took care of me pretty well. Always shoo'ing me to go for lunch and taking over my cases when I forget to eat. Hah~
We back each other up when there's more than 2 theatres running cocurrently. Whoever is able to cover will rush to whichever theatre that's calling for us.
Working style wise, we are actually quite different.
But we got along pretty well and got through the whole week of OT. I'm happy.
Didn't get scoldings from surgeons which was good news haha.
The ppl in OT were pretty helpful when they saw me struggling with the machine... the heavy pink one. I often got helpers who volunteer to push the machine for me. heh~
Even the technicians also commented that the machine is damn heavy!
Ahhh... i feel my arms growing bigger already.
Done my first CT head today. Was pretty slow and clumsy at the computer though.
Will need more practice with all the protocols. But overall, quite easy to learn.
Next week more CT head training and then to Fluoroscopy. Hopefully I can neutralise the "toxic" doctor i'm working with so that we won't be overloaded with cases! Haha
Shift work going to start next sunday.
Seems like my fellow mates have survived all the shifts with ease.
Hope that its the same for me.
Take care everyone! =)
Scribbled by: jun @1:35 AM