Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Am on hospital orientation this week. Yeah.. so late hor.. but better than never.
The courses are quite interesting. And I must say that the course materials has improved a whole lot since I last worked there as a temp.
My phone suddenly went blank white screen yesterday. Had to make a trip down to the service centre. Was expecting long queues and long waiting time. However, things seemed to be better... I was attended to within 5mins of taking the queue number.
It was a filipino who attended to me. She talked about a software upgrade which I was sure wasnt the problem. Anyways, I don't think the counter staff knew all the technical repair stuffs. Was told to collect it 2days later.
And just now, I received a call from them saying that they need me to come down to sign something for them to go ahead with the repair... cos the problem turned out to be that the insides were corroded. Wah! Corrode leh~
Hahaaa... (Nooooo i didnt drop into toilet bowl ok.)
Well... then I asked the most impt question: Do I need to pay for the repair?
They said no.
So I happily went w/o a phone....and it proved to be a little difficult. Haha
I'm not hooked to games or music or watsoever... But rather, the reality of being uncontactable.
Especially when you're out working.
Try it for a day w/o your phone and go to work. You'll feel kinda lost and helpless in a way cos there's no way of contacting your loved ones/friends... since there's only a small number of public phones left in SG.
Tohko and I didnt managed to meet in the morning because of that. Heh~
I guess we rely on technology a little too much.
Imagine the olden days... hmmm.. ok lar not so old lar.. perhaps 12yrs ago when most of us don't own a hp. When we say meet at a certain place at a certain time... most people abide by it. Cos if you don't, there's no way the other party can contact you(unless u're still at home).
Now, its so easy lar.
Okok.. enough craps.
Scribbled by: jun @10:16 PM