Sunday, July 06, 2008
Quoted from Journal Of Life by Anntonnii.
"
There was once a story I’ve read on the net that tells the story of a workaholic father and his young son. The son would ask money from his father everyday and his father would give him all the spare change that he had left.
Every time the boy received the money, he would become very happy and hide in his room for a long period. After a while, his father became curious on his son’s intentions.
“Surely a young boy like him doesn’t need so much money. Is he hiding something from me?”
The father tried to check on the boy’s room but could not find the money that he had kept.
He had the final draw when the boy asked him for $5 one day.
“You don’t need $5, what do you want $5 for?”
His son just smiled at him and rose out his hand.
“How can you ask for so much money at such a young age! What is it that you are hiding? Don’t you know the value of money? Don’t you know how hard I’m working outside to earn the dollar?” The father finally couldn’t endure any longer and gave his son a tight slap on his cheeks.
The boy was shocked and ran back to his room crying.
Guilt ran over the father as he slowly opened the door to his son’s room. His son was hiding under his blanket as gentle cries could still be heard.
“I’m sorry son, I didn’t mean it… I’m just too frustrated at work. Here’s five dollars”
The father apologized and placed a five-dollar note on his bed.
The boy didn’t cried anymore as he happily picked up the note.
“Dad?”
“Yes son?”
“How much do you earn per day?”
“I earned a hundred a day. Why are you asking me this question?”
The father felt another rush of rage upon.
The boy smiled as he took out an old tin can and poured onto his bed.
Out from the tin can came out all the coins in varies value as the boy carefully did a final count.
With the five-dollar note in his hand, the boy let out a big smile.
“I have a hundred dollars with me Dad, can I employ you for a day so that you no need to go to work?”
The actual story could be more in depth or longer but I guess the meaning behind it is almost the same.
It’s unexplainable sometimes that we might do things that we might probably never do just to grab someone’s attention. It could be faking a tummy ache or flu just to feel the comfort that we received from the ones who cared.
Asking a person whether he or she needs a doctor doesn’t mean you cared although it’s a practical approach. If a person really needs a doctor, he or she would probably ask you to bring them.
It’s the little things that you do or say that show your concern and attention. A porridge cooked by you could be a better remedy than a doctor’s prescription sometimes."
I could remember the last time belle did a similar thing to her.
When belle was a toddler, she wanted her attention and love.
When belle once scalded her hand, she slowly and carefully applied medication for her.
Belle's heart felt warm.
But when she became busy and was not there for belle, there was nothing belle could do to catch her attention.
So belle did a silly thing.
At that young age, you think simple.
You do not think of the consequence.
Belle scalded her hand on purpose.
She just wanted to feel her mother's love once again.
But her mother just simply asked her to apply medication herself while she tended to her own things.
Belle was naturally hurt and disappointed.
Sometimes, we do things that hurt people. Sometimes without even realising it.
We only cared about the hurt casted upon ourselves and often not think about the hurt we had casted upon others.
But if you had the choice to know, to know that you've hurt someone, what would you have done?
1. Would you be hard hearted and not admit it?
2. Or would you find out why and make amendments?
Its a simple question but yet it shows alot about a person. How the person is and how much the other party meant to the person.
A question that everyone would know how to answer in their hearts.
An answer in everyone's heart which would tell them the truth.
What would be your truth?
For I know mine.
and I'm grateful to be loved by many.
Labels: Inspirational stories
Scribbled by: jun @3:08 AM